The East Montgomery County Improvement District sets aside about 69% of funds allocated to development each year to give back to the community. Since 1998, EMCID has provided more than $19 million in funding to local fire departments, various organizations through community development grants, and the East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation!
During the 2017-2018 fiscal year, EMCID has budgeted to provide the New Caney, Porter and Splendora Fire Departments about $1.8 million. Another $2.46 million is allocated to educational scholarships, community projects, festivals and grants. These grants assist local organizations with the costs of development or improvements in East Montgomery County.
EMCID accepts funding requests twice a year. The deadlines are usually the last Monday in March and the last Monday in September. Applications are then reviewed by the Board each April and October. All projects must be located within the boundaries of EMCID.
Governmental entities or non-profit organizations can apply for grants up to $30,000. Taxing entities will be required to have a 50% match. All others will be required to have a 33% match. A second option is to apply for a mini-grant of up to $5,000. Matching funds are not required. As in the case with both grants, non-profit organizations (non governmental entities) must provide a Texas Ethics Commission Form 1295 with the application. Detailed instructions can be found below.
Grants forms will be available online and in the EMCID office beginning Monday, August 21. Please return completed applications to:
East Montgomery County Improvement District
Community Development Grants
21575 U.S. Highway 59, Suite 200
New Caney, TX 77357
If you have any questions about this program, please call 281.354.4419. The EMCID staff is willing to assist organizations who need help in completing their applications.
How to Complete a Form 1295
1. Create a login or register a new account.
2. Click "manage my 1295 forms."
3. Start a new certificate.
4. Enter the name of the business, city, state and country.
5. Click on "other governmental entity."
6. Enter the Contract ID number provided to you by the offices of Marks Richardson PC, (713)942-9922).
7. Provide a description of goods and services to be supplied by applicant in reference to the grant.
8. Check the box that indicates there is no interested party.
9. Click "next."
10. Click the box that states, "I swear, or affirm, under penalty of perjury that the information is true and correct."
11. Fill in the name of the authorized agent for the organization.
12. Fill in the name of the person filling out/submitting the form, if different than #11.
13. Print the form, sign it, and have it notarized.
14. Submit the certificate with the grant application.